Monday, December 16, 2013

Busy December Days (& Nights)

We are in full Christmas mode around here and have some very joyful and enthusiastic little girls who are loving all the activity and excitement.  I have settled my hyper self down a little too and am feeling more peaceful and less frazzled, at least for the moment.  In the last couple of weeks, the girls have enjoyed reading Christmas books and watching Christmas shows and movies, driving around at night to look at lights, making ornaments and cookies with friends, constantly moving the decorations around the house, and helping me with my shopping (taking them with me is stressful, but it means we are in and out of the stores in record time, which is good for me - I could hem and haw for an hour before making a decision if it were just me).  We were sad to miss our town's parade because of nasty weather, but we did make it to a live nativity event that was really sweet.  And tomorrow we are planning to go caroling at a retirement home with a group of friends....we've been practicing our songs and making cards for the "older ladies and gentlemen" (the best description I could come up with to help give the girls an idea of what to expect).  Thanks to my sweet husband, I've also had the chance to get out alone a couple nights and have some fun socializing and crafting with friends.  He has been so good to take over and even do baths and bedtime by himself so that I can have a much-needed breather.

Here are some pics of what we've been up to lately....I generally just take pictures with my phone, so the quality isn't always great, but hey...as long as the memories get captured somehow.

Maddie has an amazing imagination and loves making up and narrating stories as she plays.  She had a great time decorating her animals with Christmas ornaments and putting on a parade with them!



Hadley's new favorite activity is helping me in the kitchen.  I don't love having helpers when I cook and sometimes just tell them I don't have any jobs for them, but Hadley in particular is overjoyed when I do let her participate.  Just know if you ever come over for dinner that someone may or may not have used the serving spoon for tasting...


Her second favorite activity right now is wearing this get-up.  All the time, everywhere.  Including to bed sometimes.  Pants are optional, though.

Reagan just loves being Reagan.  She frequently marches to her own beat.  She is our most outgoing, friendly child and is usually the spokesperson for the group, especially when talking to adults; the other two are a bit more shy with others.  She loves doing anything creative....like, say, decorating cookies.  The more sprinkles, the better!

 We've tried to talk a lot about giving and not so much about wishlists and the like, but kids are kids and these girls are smart.....they know that presents are coming.  If they're good helpers in a store we usually let them look at toys for a few minutes.  It's been helpful in giving us some gift ideas.

I don't know if this was supposed to be a hint.....but unfortunately three singing machines will NOT be under the tree.  Sorry, girls!  It was a fantastic triple performance of "Part of Your World" in the middle of Big Lots, though.

Love these girls and the Christmas memories we are making!

No comments:

Post a Comment